24 May 2017

On Halemau'u Trail

Halemau'u Trail, Haleakala National Park, Maui

Narrow Trail is winding along the precipitous edges of Ko'olau Gap. On my Right: Open views of Haleakala Wilderness. On my Left: Greetings from the Life on Rocks. Right to Left. Left to Right. Different scale. Same world. And this Post Sign: Please Stand Quietly On Trailside When Horses Are Passing. How in the world do I stand on trailside and stay alive? Looking into distance. I pause, asking myself: Am I a Bird? Ready to fly off? NOPE. I cannot be a Bird. If for nothing else but my FEAR of heights. Stands in the way.

Halemau'u Trail: On the Trail. Clouds gliding over the Ridge.

Halemau'u Trail: On the Edge

Halemau'u Trail: On the Slope. Giving way to the Blue.

Halemau'u Trail: On the Rocks

Halemau'u Trail: Emerging Haleakala Wilderness

Halemau'u Trail: 'Ama'u adorns wherever she lives

Halemau'u Trail: Around the Corner?

Halemau'u Trail: Different Scale. Same World.

Halemau'u Trail: Nice seeing You!

Halemau'u Trail: Long View

Halemau'u Trail: This Hopping Feeling

Halemau'u Trail: On my Right

Halemau'u Trail: On my Left

Halemau'u Trail: On the Brink and Beyond

Halemau'u Trail: The Post Sign at the Trailhead crosses my mind
Halemau'u Trail: If I see a Horse? How do I stand on trailside and stay alive?

Halemau'u Trail: Am I a Bird?

Halemau'u Trail: Winding into the Grassland

Halemau'u Trail: Down in the Grassland

Halemau'u Trail: Live their Lives

Halemau'u Trail: Oasis of Rain

Halemau'u Trail: Nene in flight. Yes, they can fly!

Halemau'u Trail: Look! Nene over there. Observing.




Halemau'u Trail: Looks like we have a Trespasser

Halemau'u Trail: Chosen colors

Halemau'u Trail: Back in the Clouds