16 October 2023

Around the Ponds

Cliff Trail, Nickerson State Park, Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Kettle ponds, an accident created by the retreat of glaciers,
  sparkle in the silence,
    not that far from the roaring ocean...

Walking the trails around the ponds makes me feel the trees and lichens on these sandy grounds.
  Many of them pioneers, survivors and, today, the happy crowds. Or so it seems.
 
Happy crowds!
  The words usually assigned by humans to humans.
    But what does this really mean?
      Well...
    These crowds are shaping, coloring, energizing and I find myself in the midst of IT.
 
   So, I guess, it is about me... but it is also about them... 

Cliff Trail: ... not that far from the roaring ocean...

Cliff Trail: ... along the edge of kettle pond...

Cliff Trail: ... an accident by the retreat of glaciers...

Cliff Trail: ... makes me feel the trees on these sandy grounds...

Cliff Trail: ... reaching...

Cliff Trail: ... spreading...

Cliff Trail: ... in pearly sparkles...

Cliff Trail: ... hidden in grasses...

Cliff Trail: ... and in the beauty of harsh living...

Cliff Trail: ... lichens do not hurt trees, they only grasp for the open skies...

Cliff Trail: ... as much as the leaves...

Cliff Trail: ... and those among the leaves...

Cliff Trail: ... like this one...

Cliff Trail: ... as much as the pond...

Cliff Trail: ... and the path continues...

Cliff Trail: ... whispering...

Cliff Trail: ... happy crowds...

Cliff Trail: ... shaping, coloring, energizing...

Cliff Trail: ... and I find myself in the midst of it...

Cliff Trail: ... so, I guess...

Cliff Trail: ... it is about me...

Cliff Trail: ... but it is also about them...