22 May 2018

This is Her Home

Mass Audubon Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, Massachusetts

Trees and Birds... their melodic chit-chat suffuses the place... Muddy trails. Board walks. Lily ponds... A turtle over here... sunbathing. A duck over there... napping. Lazy river at a standstill... or it seems... Geese in high grass... lurking... THIS Swampy Feeling... and Birds love IT...
... I derive more of my subsistence from the swamps which surround my native town than from the cultivated gardens in the village... Why not put my house, my parlor, behind this plot, instead of behind that meager assemblage of curiosities, that poor apology for Nature and Art, which I call my front yard?... Yes, though you may think me perverse, if it were proposed to me to dwell in the neighborhood of the most beautiful garden that ever human art contrived, or else of a Dismal Swamp, I should certainly decide for the swamp...

HENRY DAVID THOREAU

Ipswich River: ... trees...

Ipswich River: ... and birds...

Ipswich River: ... this look...
Ipswich River: ... ponds...

Ipswich River: ... mirroring...
Ipswich River: ... napping...

Ipswich River: ... sparkling...

Ipswich River: ... with human touch...

Ipswich River: ... sunbathing...

Ipswich River: ... twisting and turning...

Ipswich River: ... at a standstill...

Ipswich River: ... or it seems...

Ipswich River: ... lurking...

Ipswich River: ... slightly higher...

Ipswich River: ... and higher...

Ipswich River: ... this branch comes in handy...

Ipswich River: ... and this one too...

Ipswich River: ... on a spring day...

Ipswich River: ... a glimpse of twinkle...