13 May 2019

Something SO Familiar

Moore's Swamp, Concord, Massachusetts

Jorgen Randers writes in his 2052 book, a global forecast for the next 40 years:
My third initial reaction to the summary of my forecast... is despair. Fear of losing it all... this is not fear for loss of my own well-being. I am comfortable now, and will be long dead when crisis strikes. It is more intense anxiety about the fact that humanity will voluntarily destroy the wonderful world as we know it... In short, I am scared on behalf of what it has taken nature hundreds of millions of years to create...
... Piping Plovers...

... Chipmunks are not threatened... not yet...
   ... she looks at me... I look at her... something SO familiar in her eyes...

Moore's Swamp: ... she looks at me... I look at her...

Moore's Swamp: ... something so familiar...