06 November 2018

Why do I Hike?

Gorham Mountain, Acadia National Park

I told a dear person I'd been in Acadia. She asked me had I climbed The Precipice?... NO.... Had I climbed The Beehive?... NO... A confusion on her face and then the silence. She could not come up with anything else to ask...
          ... a glance at Beehive... crowds as usual, I guess... reaching for the high point... I continue my hiking... in the company of rocks and trees... following lichens into rolling distance... where the Ocean meets that Line... and back... the Trail takes me in...
          ... ALL in my eyes and ears... the time has lost its meaning...

Gorham: ... light and shade theatrics...

Gorham: ... the forest on a sunny day...

Gorham: ... a glance at Beehive...

Beehive: ... crowds as usual... reaching for the high point...

Gorham: ... I continue... in the company of rocks and trees...

Gorham: ... filling the gaps...

Gorham: ... splashing the outsides...

Gorham: ... into rolling distance...

Gorham: ... moments...

Gorham: ... beyond the trees...

Gorham: ... and closer...

Gorham: ... where the Ocean meets that Line...

Gorham: ... and back...


Gorham: ... the trail takes me in...

Gorham: ... slides...

Gorham: ... stops...

Gorham: ... and disappears...